3.03.2011

March 3rd in photos

Instead of a rally court, there’s this “purple thing” in the middle of the quad at school. Apparently a giant oak tree used to be there but it fell or something. The hanging silvery things are supposed to represent leaves.

I find it unique.




What I really like about Norcal is the different foliage and plants.
(I have no idea what this is but this peculiar weed totally invaded my front "lawn":)
I see it as a different take by nature. For example, daffodils here are the equivalent of roses back in Arcadia (I LOVE daffodils), and coniferous forests are the substitute for Socal's dry, grubby chaparral land.
^Cherry blossoms in particular are wildly popular, it seems.




Oh, I also made my first new friend!:

It is my neighbor's cat and it is so soft and grey and I meow to it and it meows back and I'm just like dskajfhasdfh




There are a lot of "KEEP OUT" and "NO TRESPASSING" signs. They make me want to venture further even more but this one halted my tracks:
gah.




The creek:
Mallards frequent here but I wasn't able to catch them on my camera. Better luck next time, I suppose.
The running water can be heard from my home, which is quite lovely.




View from my window:



I’ve heard roosters crowing around my area and maybe even owls, but I saw quite a sight whilst jogging today…

Incidentally, I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast today.
This fellow here likes to puff up and make soft firecracker noises:




And again, lots of horses around. This one is just poking its head out onto the street.
They reek, though




more turkey:

7 comments:

Andrew said...

Mad jelly of the scenery over there.

Also, you mentioned "weed" in your front lawn...? (I'm joking if you can't tell already)

Hope you're adjusting well (:

SpazJaz said...

Horsies are smelly.

And EUDICOT!

SpazJaz said...

Actually, that looks like more of a monocot, but I don't really care anymore.

Someone say cannabis?

Kat. said...

Thanks Andrew, I am. =)

Tanya said...

that seems kind of surreal.
and I literally just typed "hope you're adjusting well" before I looked to the left and realized andrew wrote the same thing. so what he said :)

Unknown said...

Ty, TY.

(C WUT I DID THEEERRRR)

Tanya said...

http://data.whicdn.com/images/6392480/tumblr_leksdrblXN1qaw4t0_thumb.jpg?1295374680