12.08.2011

I'm alive!

Before I say anything, can you believe that my procrastination habits are so bad that I procrastinated making this post just now? I probably opened up this window half an hour ago, only to chat with strangers on turntable. Anyway, I guess it's sort of a given that I've been busy whenever I have a hiatus. I just got back from a Xmas gig, and it's actually my first paying job! About 50-60 bucks an hour to sightread random holiday songs- notbad.jpg. However, it does take up quite a bit of time, and right when my teachers realize that finals is in a week and they better start catching up on work. I'm staying afloat though. I had a catapult project last week, and mine kind of failed- it was 2.9 m away from the target. But oh well, I have a solid A in Physics (and yes I needed to flaunt that).
Le Trebuchet
It was fun though, and 'twas one of the rare moments in my life where I was handed a drill and expected to know what to do with it. 
Oh, I also passed my Chinese SAT II's with minimal reading experience. I must bask in my academic glory.
On that note, I'm going to get some equally glorious sleep. That's been hard to come by lately, so I'll continue this ramble later. Before I go though, condolences to those who suffered property damage from those winds last week. You Arcadia folks went through a lot lately- first that death threat nonsense and now this? Thank God no one was hurt.






^This Arcade Fire dump is for Jason. I know, at first listen they're bland and generic but I gave them another chance and listened to their rock opera, The Suburbs, in one sitting. The sound is sort of hard to describe- it's deep, hopeful, and full of youth. For some reason, I think it captures modern American youth perfectly (or at least me). You can tell that they worked really hard on it too, and it's quite a convincing record. It won a Grammy anyway, so... it's good. Give it a try.

1 comment:

SpazJaz said...

my procrastination habits are so b