8.03.2009

Blog Post: From the Worrrlllddd of Tomorrow!

After about one full day of flying, I'm finally at Hong Kong, jet lagging my way through life. First, I packed at the last minute and headed to the LAX airport at like 10:00 PM. My parents had already gone to HK the week before, and I boarded the plane at like 12:00 AM. I got window seats the whole way through on all of the transfer flights, so I spent the entire plane ride staring out the window. I just realized how awesome airport architecture and design is, especially the ceilings:





















Then I ended up in HK, walked around in my sleep due to jet lag on the streets, and a really huge thunderstorm set in. While I was on the streets. Next to the harbor (or whatever you call those things that seperate a penninsula and an island). According to this clock, it's Tuesday at 9 AM, but you guys are reading this on Monday at 6 PM.

Good, Bad, and Ugly:

Good:
-Fun Hong Kong architecture. Like walking into an Ayn Rand book, particularly The Fountainhead.
-Hurricane Warning
-That Octopus debit card system that's damn near a currency within itself in Hong Kong.
-Awesome planetarium, like IMAX but better.

Bad:
-Random nasty fumes on the streets.
-Dirty streets.
-I no longer fear being stuffed in an oven, because THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE.
-Every attempt to make faux American food that isn't done by a McDonalds here makes little men that march in your stomach, stabbing your intestines out.

Ugly:
-The fact that the hotter it gets, the more people need to turn on their ACs, which makes things hotter, making people turn their ACs higher, and so on.
-Like a mixture of Las Vegas, Reno, and Paris, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. You do get shit in your world class stew.

4 comments:

Kat. said...

What about the pretty? >:

Tanya said...

you got to fly to hk alone?

Kat. said...

You went w/ your bro (amirite)?

SpazJaz said...

I went with my bro(ham) lololol.