6.12.2010

Sans chamber music, sans school...temporarily



As my season of chamber music-making draws to a close today, I finally realized how chamber music plays such a major role in a musician's experience. The people I look up to have always told me chamber music was important, but how important could it be? After all, I thought, if you play the music in tune and rhythmically correct, then you should be fine, but there is so much more than just playing your part if you want your ensemble to succeed. Not only did I improve as an ensemble player, but also as a soloist. It was through this experience that I learned that a musician is not just a musician; you have to be an actor, singer, and dancer all at once. It goes without saying that I worked with some of the most exceptional teachers and talented fellow musicians that I've ever met, and for once I truly had a first hand confrontation that "music speaks what words cannot express". You and your team members melt into an intimate puddle of musical conversations and it's awesome.
Sundays Live at Lacma





School started on a bad note and ended the same (my finals stunk like fetid corpses), but everything in between was cool. The highlight of this year would probably be Ms. Galloway- my history teacher. I'd rather listen to her powerpoint lectures than watch T.V. Although her baseball bat-wielding self is sometimes quite frightening, she's freaking awesome on the whole. MWH became my favorite class not because of the lessons, but because of the teacher.
I'm pretty glad that my hardest year is over, because this will be the only year where I'll take 4 academic classes at once. I'm going to take 3 academic classes soph year, and then 2 after that, although I'll still have to attend PCC to rake in extra credits. I used to think that a short school day sucked, but I realized I'm so blessed to even attend school at all (my parents still want me homeschooled).
Thanks to all who stuck with me even though I basically withdrew from socializing much at AHS.
See you guys in summer school.

EDIT: I got a 4.0 GPA, and I have NO idea how. Either my alg 2 teacher threw one heck of a curve on the finals or there was a computational error.

8 comments:

....... said...

You've saved us from Jason's dry humor and pointless posts (what a hypocrit i am, eh?)! Praise be with the kat.

Also, this post kept me from talking to myself for about 30 seconds. Seeing as you guys make almost no attempt to post (though it improved) i find myself alone & sad.

But hey. watching 8 hours of Jon Stewart standup from the 90's cant be that bad for you, right?

bnmhj520 said...

Lewis Black ftw. I'm gonna hate High School huh.

Kat. said...

I'm not sure who you are but yeah you're going to hate high school.

SpazJaz said...

Welll, since you mentioned it, my next post will either be a chronicle of my circuit through national parks and monuments in the lower midwest or (badass) reasons to stay awake in church taken straight from the Bible. Just a heads up, it won't be the first option, since I've already discussed it with Kat.

If you really want to know how that works, look up 2 Kings 2: 22-23.

SpazJaz said...

I meant 23-24.

Kat. said...

cool story bro

SpazJaz said...

seems legit bro. bnmhj is this 8th grader from first ave.

Tanya said...

hello kat.
spare some time to hang out with me? D: