11.30.2010

Movie Hop!

HP7 (RANT)

Lame.

HP7 WAS SO DISAPPOINTING. I HAD LOW EXPECTATIONS FROM THE BEGINNING BECAUSE COME ON, IT’S GOING TO BE PRETTY TOUGH TO MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF ONE OF CONTEMPORARY FICTION’S BIGGEST WINS. HOWEVER, THE ENTIRE MOVIE SUCKED BECAUSE IT WASN’T COHESIVE AND THE SCRIPT SUCKED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAD TO CUT THINGS OUT DUE TO TIME LIMIT, BUT WAS SO RAAAAGE BECAUSE THEY ADDED EXTRA UNECESSARY SCENES, E.G. HARRY DANCING WITH HERMIONE. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CONFUSE THE AUDIENCE EVEN MORE? THEY EVEN CHANGED THAT SNOGGING SCENE BETWEEN HARRY AND GINNY. WHEN GINNY WALKED OUT, I WAS LIKE WTF? AND THEY ALSO CREATED PLOT HOLES AND MADE STUPID MISTAKES, SUCH AS NOT GIVING HERMIONE AND HARRY TAKE POLYJUICE POTION BEFORE THEY VISITED GODRIC’S HOLLOW (THEY DID IN THE BOOK). NOW THEY LOOKED LIKE IDIOTS. WHERE IN THE WORLD WAS THE INVISIBLE CLOAK? ALSO, EVERYTHING WAS TOO INTENTIONAL. THE SUBTLE DETAILS THAT WAS SO CHARACTERISTIC OF THE HARRY POTTER WE KNOW FROM PAPER WAS TOTALLY ABSENT.


Megamind

"OLLO!"

I saw this in 3-D and overall, it was so much better than HP, but that’s probably because I didn’t know what to expect and had low standards. What was striking was that the movie was presented from a villian’s viewpoint, which gave leeway for an entertaining and creative storyline. Well, there were SOME clichés, but very little compared to other children’s movies. And it was pretty funny- not much slapstick comedy to ridicule here. The voice acting was superb, thanks to the hirarious Ferrell and Pitt. I recommend this to anyone who is in the mood for a feel-good movie, and would like to spend their money on SOMETHING MORE WORTHWHILE THAN HP7



ALSO I'D JUST LIKE TO WISH TANYA YANG A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. YOU DESERVEEE ITTTTT

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Holy crap, HP is that bad? I thought it was the only one that didn't suck D: And I didn't know Megamind was out :DDD

SpazJaz said...

IT'S TANYA'S BIRTHDAY? THIS CALLS FOR A RANDOM BANNER CHANGE. NOT THAT SHE'LL SEE IT IN TIME.

And I still remember half the chapters of every book by heart :<.

Jacqueline said...

Oh my god, when you said well decorated, I didn't expect that one. LOL. Looks kind of cool after you process it through your head first :X

SpazJaz said...

Tina Fey was in Megamind too!

Tanya said...

thanks kat :D
I like the banner, Jason.

Kat. said...

SHE APPROVES!
WE ARE SPARED A MERCILESS DEATH.

SpazJaz said...

Nothing is merciless when we're talking about Tanya. You never know when she'll be right there behind you, black bag and riot club in hand. In fact, she's about to abduct me right n-