5.19.2011

Almaden Quicksilver



This post was supposed to be published over a week ago but Blogger botched up and didn't save my post. Luckily I had a copy of it on Word so here you go!

Long overdue post on my hike from spring break:

It turned out to be quite lovely, even though I was totally exhausted at the end of 4 miles.

...hey, it was a steep trail!


some historic sites on the hike. bottom left used to be a schoolhouse for the kids of miners.




first time seeing wild poppies; wildflowers are exquisite



these spikey weeds/cacti(?) caught my interest- what in the world are they?

found some on my lawn too.



trees+fungi

(fun-ji lolol remember, tanya?)


IN OTHER NEWS...

  • Apparently you haven't been to a school rally if you are attending AHS. The rallies here are actually PEP rallies, in which students scream their heads off and chuck stuff around and yell a lot and are bedecked in school colours (as opposed to the highly efficient and organized AHS rallies consisting of just one performing arts group after another with ADD transitions and a mild crowd wearing whatever).
  • I just lost the game.
  • A Farewell to Arms is undescribably awesome. Hemingway would be like, my idol if I was into nihilism and lost generation and code hero stuff.
  • All minecraft art is cubism.
  • Nujabes is fantastic. dubstep only sounds good at raves. the Strokes are alive. Eet is delicious. Etienne de Crecy is mind boggling. Wolfmother is the next best thing.
  • Apparently, all choir music is about alcohol, God, or sex.
  • Post about Philly trip coming soon (aka never)
  • I USED TO LIVE INSIDE MY MOMMY

8 comments:

Andrew said...

The weeds you see are Wild Cucumber. If you open them up, you'll see a bunch of seeds, which, according to Wikipedia, are hallucinogenic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manroot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Manroot

SpazJaz said...

tl;dr kat's going to go find white castle

Kat. said...

hahaha I don't think they're Manroots or Wild cucumbers, there aren't any white flowers on them.

Andrew said...

This looks like wild cucumber, I can tell from some of the pixels and seeing quite a few wild cucumbers in my time.

Although, a higher resolution pictar would be nice.

Kat. said...

I'm pretty sure it's a thistle, Andrew.

Tanya said...

I think I've said this a million times but I miss you :D

Andrew said...

Shoot, I think you're right. My Boy Scout cred just went out the window [/wrists]

Kat. said...

Right back at ya TY