1.23.2011

ramblings

the following is the first time i have ever taken a post seriously

when i was just a widdle babbyspaz, i was very, very absentminded due to my ability to completely lose myself in my imagination. i'd be playing out something in my head and my eyes would almost just shut off while i was picturing something else.

i tried it again recently, and it was much harder. is there something different about the mind that as you grow older, you lose the ability to, say, pretend you're a scone-eating ninjasamurai from the magical land of Melkor? or is it that as we get older, we become too jaded to believe what was once maybe a reality?

there's a reason not to grow up.

on a totally unrelated note, this perfectly applies to peter pan and neverland.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I totally get the "my eyes would almost just shut off while i was picturing something else."

That actually still happens from time to time when I'm deep in thought

Kat. said...

yeeeah, I know what you mean. I used to have deep convos with Batman and Robin in my crib.. that doesn't happen anymore. I think it's because when we start to mature, we understand that the things we try to do in our imaginations doesn't work in reality so we stop imagining, at least that deeply

Did I just make any sense?

Jeffrey said...

It happens to me in class all the time. Hmm, must be why my grades are sucking.