12.26.2009

In a pointless attempt to fill the increasingly empty "New Posts" position

So anyways, today, I gathered up all the games I ever felt "meh" about including:
-Prototype
-Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (never actually played it)
-A bunch of other games I never cracked open.

And got my brother to drive me to Gamestop to sell them off and get some new/interested in games.

So, being the Asian I am, I went directly to the used section and rifled through them to get a discount. I picked up a discounted Modern Warfare 2 and a used TES 4: Oblivion. I also noticed that there was a used Prototype in there that cost 44 dollars.

MW2; discount added: 50 dollars
TES4: Oblivion; used: 15 dollars
So, while I waited in that line listening to two 30-somethings, a man and a woman, obsess about L4D2, MW2, and Assasin's Creed 2 as if they were the gift of God to man on a golden chariot of kittens in front of me and two wangsters pretending to be hardcore computer engineers by day and l33t h4x0r5 by night ("I totally overclocked my 50 gigabyte RAM card and my GTX 9800 man, and when I was using assembler [wut] to do it, it was like totally hardcore mang.") behind me, I wondered why Gamestop had such a crappy reputation with everyone who's ever gone there. I mean, the line was ten minutes long and an employee actually came up to me and offered to carry my stuff and hold it for me until I got to the check-out counter without any attitude at all, and the enviroment was friendly enough. One other employee actually offered to dig out a display copy of MW2 and sell it to me at used price when they found out that the used disk was covered in some brown sticky goo.

Then, when it was my turn to buy the games, the manager came out and started processing everything, including the two gift cards, the store credit from all the sold games, and the discount I they were offering on MW2 from 12/26-12/28. He asked me for thirty dollars. I was confused, because the two games cost 65 dollars after all the discounts. The gift cards were ten dollars each too, so surely the five games I traded in covered the rest of the cost? I asked to see the transactions. He showed them to me, and I looked at it. Up at the top: "Store Credit from Resale Games: 14.68". Yes, the five games, including Prototype, which they were selling USED for 44 dollars got me fifteen dollars in store credit. I just sold them five games they valued an average of thirty five dollars a piece for three dollars each, and they nearly neglected to tell me.

Yes, thank you, I will come again. And I'll bring something else too. :D

On a lighter note:

10 comments:

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
....... said...

now you see why their reputation sucks?

Andrew said...

also you're an id, shoulda bought from steam

Anonymous said...

MW2 on steam?

SpazJaz said...

Who?

Kat. said...

Cursing is not the gift of God to man on a golden chariot of kittens.

Stopitnow.

....... said...

hahaha
Love that you edited the post too ;p

SpazJaz said...

I just noticed Kathleen deleted Tanya's comment.

Tanya said...

that's because i quoted you :P

SpazJaz said...

Proving once and for all that I am so awesome, Kathleen just has to delete everything that contains my words in it, for fear of being blinded by epic.

That or she doesn't like my language. I like my explanation better.