12.01.2009

Why Internet Gaming is Riddled with Jerkwagons

Because people are a load of crap.

Other human beings are basically unreliable. If you play with them online they're an unknown quantity: Internet connections can drop out at any time, hacks and exploits are always viable, and ragequit IS an option.

When you play online with someone, you're not a human being to them. You're just another little mewling voice in the magic box of secrets. If you're not in the same actual room, poised to punch them in the face, only their entertainment matters. You might as well just be an AI bot that swears. Surely playing against an actual AI bot might be preferable. They might get stuck in corners a lot, but at least they'll never ragequit when their entertainment starts to waver. "Oh, balls, I've just tried to kill the same person six times in a row and got my sore backside punted as a result, I think I'll do the logical thing and QQ about it for a couple of minutes, and then quit the game, while at the same time insinuating someone's sexuality." "Neither do I need to make any amount of SENSE on the internet, no, there isn't actually anyone trying to READ my comments on the other end of the tubular series."

I'm a believer of Penny Arcade's Greater Internet -censorinfearofgettingdeleted-wad Theory: "Ordinary person + audience + anonymity = -jerk-wad." I would suggest a few alterations, though, such as removing the "+ anonymity" part. And the "+ audience" part. The default state of all human beings is -douchewagon-, which is quelled by facing real life repercussions and just looking like an asshole. So -smileyface-s on the Internet aren't just jerkwagons, they're cowardly ones.
____
Written because the gap between posts is way too big for my liking. Not brought about by any recent events, though one of the ones I mentioned up there actually happened while I was playing a custom game on WC3. I should get back to my homework now.

6 comments:

....... said...

see, this is why i want kathleen to post more

....... said...

i truly don't know if that was intended towards my comment or jason's post.....

Anonymous said...

Yours xD.
Did you honestly think I would call this post a good one?
jk :)

SpazJaz said...

You guys are such dicks :<

Tanya said...

tl;dr
kidding

you lost me halfway, but i'll blame it on my sleep deprivation.

....... said...

Don't. The post was just ridiculously boring. It could've put coffee to sleep.

Or taken 2 of Kat's 9 lives (HI JASON)