7.25.2008

No Need for Limewire !

Limewire is kinda like cancer,
when not handled carefully.Or at least, in my case.
I had this really slow
and crappy Windows 2000 comp,
and downloaded Limewire on it
a few years ago.
Of course, it died.
Well technically, it didn't die,
but it sure sounded like a plane taking off when
it starts up, and BSOD
pops up every other day.
I never bothered to reformat it
since I concluded that would
take a decade.
Eventually, I got a nice HP comp. w/ Vista Ultimate,
and avoided Limewire altogether.
Where did I steal my songs then, you say ?
Well I freeloaded off of that Anonymous kid,
and used this:
It uses Google to find you songs in
"underground" websites in which
the owner most likely uses it to share,
or simply to store.
Here is the science behind it:
It doesn't work for every song,
so it's not the greatest alternative,
but hey,
at least you're not downloading potential malware!

No comments: