10.15.2009

Update

Ah, finally some time to create a decent blogpost.
Well not really, because I'm 40 mins behind my schedule but I really need to sort out what has happened to me in the last few weeks because it's been one heckofa rollercoaster.

Let's start with my chamber music program auditions. I prepared Sarasate's Romanza Andaluza and Bach's Presto from Son. No. 1 that I've been working on for forever, for JCM and YMF.
JCM went fine, and I played decently.
The YMF auditions were quite a fiasco, however.
Last Katurday, I planned to arrive at the venue of the auditions (UCLA) at around 2- almost 1.5 hrs before my turn with the judges. Traffic delays and difficulty finding the music building resulted in me getting there half an hour later than what I expected. But no worries- I still have an hour to warm-up and chill. I extricated a stack of sheet music from my bag and- how funny- I FORGOT MY PIANO MUSIC FFFFFUUU-
So my mum was srsly freeaaaking out and I was like ohsnap and my pianist was like geeyou'redoingitwrong. I ran all over campus in my babby heels in search of libraries so I can print out the music from the public domain but THEY WERE CLOSED (due to AIDS).
Thus, I had to suck it up and play unaccompanied.
And it rather went well. According to my mum, the Bach was the most intune that I have ever played. :3
I have yet to recieve notice of acceptance or phail from either programs, but I'm crossing my fingers and stalking the program coordinators to pressure them (lolno).

Despite all this, my lovey dovey parents decided to put another slab of nice, fat, pressure on me.
Apparently, they thought that my ratio of school:time spent on practicing was ftl. My dear mummy and daddy really wanted me homeschooled so that I can bid my social life farewell and practice 8 hours a day.
Er, not going to happen.
I tried to find a compromise, and came up with an idea that was not likely to work, but still had some meager resemblances of hope. I arranged an app. w/ the principal, and requested a shorter school day. That meant that I would get out of school at lunch, which allotted 2-3 hours of extra violining. My parents consented, but only if I could get home at noon.
And you know what?
THE PRINCIPAL AGREED WEEEEEOOOOOO !
Hallelujah, my prayers were answered.
Invariably, my mum still wants me to get homeschooled, but HAHAHAno.
Lol, so I cut P.E. and orch (my elective), and switched English from P6 to 3 w/ Schultz.

Unfortunately...
I have to make up about 100 terms and 10 stories for Eng.
I'm not playing in the school orchestra anymore, nor will I be part of orch. trips.*
I'll have something reminiscent of a social life, but nothing more (I won't be staying for lunch most of the time).**
I am losing friends in the process.**

but you know what?
I'm cool with all that, because I know that with homeschooling, I'll be off worse.

As of now, I am mulling over my schedule for the following month, and that includes another competition in early November, which means that I'll have to pick up the Mendelssohn again.
Crash course, initiated.
Wish me luck guises.


*(Please help me in dispelling any rumors that I quit orchestra because I'm not concertmaster, or that I do not like the director. Or anything that contradicts what I've written. This article should be enough proof. Report to Vannasdall if you need more.)

**I might be getting a Facebook (because I'm so lonely), but it'll have to be in a few months, because the only comment people are going to be posting on my wall now would be like "zomg wry r u outta school erly" and I'd rather them forget about it (or me) and say "ohai kat you're still aliev watsup" instead.

25 comments:

Tanya said...

a shortened school day? dude, that's - as you would say - hxc.
that makes me feel real great about working towards a goal for my future/career, much less FINDING it first.

but wow rollercoaster indeed. and you're only a freakin freshman. so yes, major kudos & g'luck man.

Also, GET A FACEBOOK. I swear I'll spam your wall so you'll have lots of things to read :)

bnmhj520 said...

Uhh.... Wow. You are a scary musician. Me? I cant even play piano for a month without getting bored. No talent at all here. *Points to self*

On a side note, your parents sound scary. What with the 8 hr practice and the homeschooling and all.

lan mao said...

I like how bnmhj520 is so like me, except change the "month" to a unit of time much, much smaller :D. Btw hey Andrew *waves maniacally* lolol.

SpazJaz said...

I suppose "keep it a secret" and "Vannassdal could get in trouble" died around the time you found out everyone in orch already knew and the director was raging at you?

SpazJaz said...

That's no storm trooper!

Or Andrew. Someone totally different, Bill. It's this lack of observation that lets you think srs people are joking and that you're actually good at Metastasis.

lan mao said...

I know bnmhj520 isn't Andrew :D.
I'm just saying it because I assume Andrew will see this. And if he doesn't, what do I lose?

Kat. said...

THE GAME.

lan mao said...

Well, I just got pwnt.

Kat. said...

Sorry
I just had to,
x3

....... said...

I love how off-topic this conversation is....

SpazJaz said...

So like I was playing some Metastasis yesterday, and like this guy totally tried to fusion me while I was in a Raptor, but I was like "Think quick, man", and I set off a portal bomb and ended up on the other side of the map on the Niffy and the guy was stuck on the Raptor with three guys in the Albadar heading towards him.

SpazJaz said...

You know, I'm beginning to think this blog is quickly turning from the blog that belongs to Kathleen and me to the blog that belongs to Kathleen and that-creepy-guy-creeps-on-what's-his-name-Jason?.

Then again, I haven't actually posted in like a month, so maybe that's it! /epiphany

Kat. said...

I'll look into lacrosse, but I'm not listening to Warren anymore.

SpazJaz said...

Doesn't lacrosse generally involve you holding up a pole for a few hours trying to catch a ball on the end of it?

....... said...

thats the one

Kat. said...

Yesh but how heavy is the pole?

....... said...

1470369258 lbs!

I googled it, 's usually between 300 & 600 grams..... so close to 1 lb.

you can handle THAT right?

Kat. said...

No, sorry
I cannot handle 1 lb.
It has to weigh a feather.

....... said...

but then it would break :p

Anonymous said...

o_o
thats what happened
i was like zomg wheres kathleen? XD

SpazJaz said...

Wait, who are you?

lan mao said...

To dispel any confusion - it is not me.

Kat. said...

Ah- the woes of anonymity!

Kat. said...

"I cannot handle 1 lb.
It has to weigh a feather."

Also that was sarcasm.
I'm weak but not that weak. :3

....... said...

*laughs*
i got that :D