10.18.2009

.

Ah, so
I just got a performance off my shoulders.
Phew.
EXCEPT I STILL HAVE A COMPETITION IN 3 WEEKSASDFASDKFH

Anyways, I'm looking into more extra-curricular classes. I know that I'll be taking ballet for sure- my teacher and mum urged me to, so I agreed. I bet I can pick up quickly, if I can remember past lessons from 4th grade. :V
I also want to try jazz- it looks so elegant and graceful- something that I an in dire need of (I spill, knock over, or break something at LEAST once a day).

I also want to sample competitive sports for once. The only catch is that I cannot strain, overuse, or risk breaking my hands/wrists/arms. My right hand is an exception. (Tendonitis usually occurs in a violinist's left wrist/lower arm.) I've considered soccer, swimming, and fencing, but I am not aware of any more.

So the question that I have for you guys, is:
What sports (however uncommon) would be healthy for a kat? (That means no risk whatsoever on limbs that are used in violining.)

13 comments:

Tanya said...

ballet? have fun wearing leotards. I took it like k-5 and it was...okay. but after a month a pointe shoes, i quit :)

i think you covered most of the sports. there's sailing, but it's less accessible.

Kat. said...

I'll be taking Adult classes, so no need for leotards. :3

w@rhen said...

haha go golf!

Kat. said...

Eurgh not golf.
And you don't realy exercise playing golf...?

Tanya said...

lacrosse! :D
do westcoasters even play that?

....... said...

Football!!!

uhhhh..... tennis~~~?
somethin'............
:D

SpazJaz said...

Tennis is just as bad, mate.

How about a sport consisting entirely of folding your left wrist back until it breaks?

....... said...

Carpal Tunnel!

w@rhen said...

marching band!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Martial arts! :D Sparring lololol

Kat. said...

What branch of martial arts doesn't involve chopping bricks or excessive punching?

(Maybe that's only in the movies. :V)

Anonymous said...

Err...yeah. There really isn't actually any chopping bricks and excessive punching, actually, in Taekwondo. Mostly kicking; we practice punches but never really punch people in sparring matches (although I always do to get sneaky extra points :D). And we break boards, yes, but we kick them!Iono about other branches of martial arts.
btw the IntrnetHteMchne is anon (too lazy to type in Google account info)

SpazJaz said...

All sports use limbs needed for violining.