10.20.2008

Movie hophophop.

Body of Lies.

BODY OF LIES Pictures, Images and Photos

Straight out- Not DiCaprio's best.
I still think Departed was his gold (alongside Titanic of course [I need to rent Blood Diamond :3]).
Russell Crowe's part was awesome, but I can't judge him, since this is the first film that I've seen him in.

The setting is in Iraq, in the midst of the war against terror. So DiCaprio and Crowe are CIA agents, and DiCaprio is spewing bullets and getting his fingers smashed in an Al-Qaeda hide-out, while boss Crowe is at home, watching his kids at soccer. The conspiracies here get pretty twisted, as more explshunz accumulate. The Jordanian pres is also focused pretty closely, and it's very interesting how he acts and reacts. And then the action. Wellll, violence was fairly mild, but the plot is the point of interest here.

I guess the whole gist of this, is to show how interlaced (and messed up) espionage and projects were in Iraq, but I'm sure we all realized this years ago.
Yeah, that's when Lies should've come out.
Years ago.

The ending, as always, leave you hanging and slightly unsatisfied- but hey, that's how these type of storylines go!

Overall, Body of Lies was not bad.
But not great either.



Beverly Hills Chihuahua.



Euch, I hate animal movies. They're so corny, and I just had to see how Chihuahua topped the box office.
And I still don't.

So this miniscule chihuahua somehow gets lost in Mexico. After collecting a few friends and enemies, she tries to get back (to Bev. Hills).
It is sooo oddly coincidental how it escaped near death experiences (jumping from a train, being surrounded by mountain lions...).
Blech. It's your average Disney film.

Well, it's great for little kids, but I was gagging after an hour of this.
I think it's just me.



Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

nick and norah's infinite playlist Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm not a big fanatic of romance/drama moovies.
After all, it seems fairly pointless watch something that has nothing to do with your life.
Then again, rofl, Body of Lies.
Okay, I'm BSing here- anyways...

The idea of this, is that Nick and Norah really freaking like each other.
That's pretty much it.
You know from the beginning that they're going to be together, and I'm not spoiling anything for you.
The backdrop of them trying to find Norah's drunk friend and this band, has nothing to do with this sap.
The music role of this was what attracted me to seeing it, but a few lines of Modest Mouse here and there does NOT count (nor is having sex in a recording studio, valid).

Ok, it was disappointing.
But there is something of notice here- the romance.
Lol, I know but-
the play of the characters and their relationship is sweet...adorable, even.

But as with all love stories-

nothing is as ever perfect as you see it on the big screen.
Especially love.

1 comment:

SpazJaz said...

And Max Payne was, contrary to commercials, not about demons and God.

It was about a drug that made people hallucinate about demons.

The equivalent of fear gas in Batman Begins.