11.12.2008

Fondness for Material Objects? What?

It's a German violin made in 1935. Sorta odd that I've grown emotionally attached to it, and gave it a verbal adieu when I returned the violin back to Cauer's (violin shoppe) today. It's really strange how an object becomes part of you. I can't figure out why yet. I only played it for a month, through one audition and recital, but I did that constantly w/ my old violin (my mum's) ! I had to return it, since my teacher recommended better violins. Still, I feel like nothing could replace it.

Anyways, I've been looking and looking for a new violin. Akshully, no, my mum has. x] But it's hard to find the perfect one; some violins may have a great G&D string, but wimpy E&A, or the G string may have a fuzzy tone,...etc. Playability has to be put into account, too.
It all comes down to what your price range is. I tried this $500 k violin, and it was MAGICAL. Once my bow touched the string, the violin SANG. No the sing-sang, but really SANG (Lol).



^I'm currently studying this piece. Isn't it wonderful? The dissonant chords here are brilliant.
I love how it just drags your heart. Kinda like what Anon. is currently working on -
Étude Op. 10, No. 12 (Chopin)



The quality for both isn't too great, but- enjoy !

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crack head, that is one bitchin piece

Anonymous said...

holy crap was that a 5 with six zeros for that violin!?!?!

C2 said...

hey, my brother played that piano song
:O

Kat. said...

"that is one bitchin piece"-warren
^ uh which one? lol.

Anonymous said...

both

SpazJaz said...

When I turned on my speakers and clicked play, I heard Daft Punk.

And then I remembered the playlist.

Kat. said...

We need a new playlist.
Anyone want to compile one(not me)?

SpazJaz said...

Kathleen does!

Oh, wait.

Anonymous said...

Nice violin piece.
I like it better than what I'm playing (Spring from the Four Seasons)...it gets kind of annoying.